Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Fun!!!!

Yes... Claire is still obsessed with toilet paper! If the bathroom door isn't closed Claire is in her favorite room and unrolling the entire roll and the funny part is she put's it ALL over her!!!  Between toilet paper and scotch tape her 2nd obsession she does not need one toy!

So this is a photo that will be great when she's a teenager... corn (that's on the ground..), a chocolate treat, and some slip n' slide!


I was in Claire's room getting her dressed for the day and Drew yelled to me, "I'm ready for work mom"  when I came out he had dressed HIM SELF in Andy's work gear!  He even knew to put on the black socks before the boots!


This past week day Drew was dressed in his pajamas and I told him to get dressed and we're going on a date!  Drew had a smile on his face that I will never forget and got dressed so fast!!!  We we went into Rota and hit the town!  As you can see  it's 8:30pm here and still light as day!
And as you can see the beach is still as crowded as ever at 8:30pm!
In the town they had a lot of jump houses set up and Drew picked one to jump on

He was in heaven and we ended our night with ice cream.


Over the summer the base hires stateside collge students to work as swim instructors and lifeguards.  Drew adores his swimming instructor and two of them are from Iowa!!  So this past week we had them over for dinner and Drew was sooo thrilled and excited1
And one with his helmet on...


Our house keeper, Ampara is also our Mary Poppins to us, just AMAZING!!  The kiddos love her just as much as she loves the kids.  When we have functions  to go to or just on a date, Ampara is the one to watch the kids and we are so at ease.  The other day when Ampara was at our house she picked up Claire and let her play in the sink.  Claire didn't know what to think and kept looking at us in disbelief!!
She then eased her way right into the sink and was in there for over an hour.. no joke...


This past weekend we had what's called a "Wetting down" .  What this is, is when someone promotes they throw a party.  This past one was at a bar on the beach and a great time!
The guys in the ward room threw Stan, who was promoted in the ocean for a "true" wetting down!




These are the bars/resurants that they set up on the beach for the summer and where the party was held at.  It's such a great idea so you can grab a bite to eat and continue to play!

It was so nice with white seats.. and cool lighting

And the mojitos were too good!
Did I mention how I love Spain!

3 comments:

volksbloggin said...

Summer is fun in Spain. Love all the photos about your life in Rota. Awesome possum.

Allison said...

Love, love, love all of the pics!!! Spain seriously looks amazing - I am packing up the kids and moving out asap! I bet Claire LOVED the sink! That is so cute you took Drewster on a date!

Aaron, Christa, Parker & Asher said...

I'll have one Mojito please! Looks amazing as always! Hmm...when can the Oregon Olsen's come back out?? Sounds like its time to start planning!!