Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oktoberfest


This past weekend Andy and I headed to Munich Germany for Oktoberfest!  The best part was that my sister Allison and her husband Jeremy were meeting us there for a long weekend.  Neighbors of the year Matt and Tristin watched the kiddos for us so we could have a weekend away!
                            It was sooooo great  to see Allison.  Allison is just so much fun and always up beat. 
 So we thought if we tried to get into a tent by 10am it wouldn' be a problem at all.  I mean really who wants to drink beet at 10am?  Well about 20,000 people want to I guess!!  Below is what the tents looked like at 10am!  It was CrAzY!!!!  A little too crazy for us!  We couldn't find a seat anywhere and tried about five different tents!
 This picture doesn't even do justice... the tents had an up stairs in them!  Did I mention how crazy it was in there?
                                            We did manage to find giant sausages though (it was a half meter dog)!

 On to plan B.... This was better than a tent to me and Allison.  The guys were good sports and went along with it.. it was a bike with a bar in the middle.. you had to peddle the bike (while you drank beer) and then you were given a tour of the city!  What a fabulous idea!!  While you peddle to your next stop music was being played, it was a blast!


                                      This is what the bike looked like to give you a good idea
                        The restaurants were so cute and would have a live band playing at them!
 One of the days we came along an awesome park. Allison and I kept saying how cool this park was and how big it was.  Come to find out it is the WORLDS largest park!!!  We were in heaven and rented bikes ASAP!  I can truly say it was the best park we have ever been to and there were even beer gardens along the way.  The Germans really know how to stay hydrated!

                                The boyzzz trying to lock up four bikes with one small bike lock!
                        One of the lakes at the park where you could even rent boats!

2 comments:

Alli's Recipes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Oh my gosh your pictures make me so sad! I had a BLAST with you and miss you so much! Thank you for making our trip so much fun!! I will always remember the bike ride through the park - best day ever!