Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fall Hike

On Sunday we had a break throughh of sunshine from the past three days of straight rain.  We jumped in the car and headed a little over an hour away to Benaojan for a two hour hike.  The hike was beautiful and we followed a bank of a river.  The kiddos did GREAT the entire time and the fresh air was greatly needed after being trapped inside the past few days.

Drew loves to be the "navigator" he carried the book most of the way and would "tell" us where to go!

Andy had a carrier for Claire (which she loves being up high)

Earlier this spring we bought another carrier, which is AWESOME.  It goes up to over 60lbs (I don't know who would use it that long...) any who... you can wear it on the front, as a side carrier, and on your back.  It has a flap as well that folds up to hold the child's head in place if they fall asleep.  I mostly use it for Claire, however this was a good work out for me:)

On our journey we came upon this lizard that played dead I'm sure as soon as he heard the kiddos voices a mile away.  Andy is doing his research on the lizard as I for sure thought it was poisonous!!


Um notice the guys not with smiles on their face...

Yap.. that's because this is who they were waiting on.. Claire loved to explore everything her foot would touch!


Andy and Drew practicing throwing rocks into the river

Half was through our walk we saw a dog come running at us!!! I FREAK out at loose dogs... Andy picked up a rock just in case and the dog ran to us and then walked by us.. Andy checked it's tags and it had identification and was the NICEST dog ever.  Drew kept asking if it was our new dog.... The dog hiked with us the rest of the way  and then it was the funniest thing when we returned back to the original town where we started the owners called it's name for it to come home!!!  I tell you that's true Spanish culture:)

We had a great day and look forward to many more fall hikes

1 comment:

Allison said...

It looks like you guys had a fun hike! I wish our weather was that nice!