Thursday, February 17, 2011

Friendship Day At School


Last Friday Drew celebrated "Friendship Day" at his school.  Drew was tasked on Monday of last week to have 24 "friendship" cards for his classmates, and all signed by him.  So I went to our base store and of course there was NO Valentine cards already made, so we had arts and crafts.  I would have to say it was way better then the pre-made cards, as we had a blast making them.  Drew also learned how to cut out a heart!!

Claire was also a big helper!  

Drew was SO proud of himself for making the cards and he wrote his name 24 times ALL BY HIM SELF!!!  Knowing how excited he was, I asked the teacher if I could sneak into his classroom and take some photos of the card exchange.  Drew's teachers are great and have an open door policy, so it was no problem!  Above is their "circle time"  they do this everyday and sing song during this time.  Today it was time to exchange cards!

Drew being his happy self when his name was called to hand out his friendship cards to his friends!

I love this photo as he's so excited to hand out his cards and to his TWO favorite ladies Mia and Olivia!

No comments: