Andy has been asking me for a dog since we started dating, and I've always turned the idea down! I'm a dog person, however never felt the timing was right.
About a year ago I started to become more open to the idea as the kiddos were at great ages to help out and for a dog to join our active lifestyle!
In June I took the kiddos to the local farmers market and met a girl with a four month old golden retriever puppy. I instantly fell in love with the puppy and her wonderful old soul. The owner of the dog gave me the breeders information and Andy and I agreed if they had another set of puppies we would get one!! So, I called the breeder and told her if she had another set we would be interested! Not even three weeks went by and the breeder called saying they were expecting puppies!!!
At the end of August eight puppies arrived!! Four boys and four girls:) We always knew we wanted a girl and at the end of Sept we went and picked ours out.
We were so excited to bring our new puppy Brooke home, just a short week after that.
Brooke has been an amazing addition to our family and I swear she smiles while she sleeps! Both Drew and Claire are all over their dog duties and the only problem we've had is giving Brooke a break so she can sleep!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment