Monday, October 12, 2015

First Day of School



We haven't heard the sound of an alarm clock for a long time in our house. On August 31st we woke up to the sound of an alarm and excited for the first day of school!!

Drew is entering 3rd grade and has Mrs. Darby. Claire will be in 1st grade with 
Mrs. Barker. Both kiddos were really excited and I had to hide it... But I was the nervous one!!



And they were off! 

Claire told me I had to babysit her babies while she was at "work" so o put them in the balcony facing the walking path into our building!! She was excited to see her babies looking for her after her workday!!
Every year on the first day of school I bake a cake!! And here's this years!!! I had a big vision though... It was going to be in the shape of an apple, lots of frosting, decorated cute... And instead it crumbled to pieces when I tried to get it out!!!

I scooped it up though and put it into bowls for the kids and they LOVED it!! Drew keeps asking me to make the delicious blue cake again!! 




No comments: