Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sevilla


Today we took advantage of the nice weather and went to Sevilla, a town a little over an hour from where we live.  It was a gorgeous day.
A Moorish Fort in the town center
This is the third largest church in the world, and Christopher Columbus tomb is barried here!



Drew trying to catch the birds!  He would get really close to one and then they would fly off and he would yell "Oh , I just missed"!



Planted Spring Flowers!

On Friday we went to the plant store out in town and bought Drew and Claire each their own pot and flowers to plant and watch grow this spring.  Drew helped Claire out with planting her's... and will probably be in charge of watering them for her!  We'll keep you posted on how they grow!!


Tub Tub Time
Tub Tub Time became 100% easier at our house a little over a month ago when we started to put Claire and Drew in the tub together!  Claire is very entertained with Drew's crazy.. fearless.. swimming skills during tub time!
Claire enjoying the swing outside our house!  (Thanks Laura)!!


Toy Story 2

So.. Drew watched Toy Story 2 for the first time a little over a month ago and LOVED it!   If he could he would put this movie on repeat and watch it ALL DAY!  I found the doll Woody from Toy Story 2 and thought this would be the perfect motivation for Drew to be 100% potty trained and  it worked! This past weekend Drew mastered the toilet and can officially say no more diapers at our house.  After having Woody on the fridge for a month we were able to take him out of the box and celebrate Drew's accomplishment.  The first thing that Drew said when we took him out of the box was "PAINT HIS EYES... PAINT HIS EYES AND BOOTS"!!!  For those of you that havn't seen the movie they have to fix woody in the movie by doing this and Drew thought that he needed to do that right away as well!!!  It cracked us up and he was VERY focussed during this!!

4 comments:

Sweet Cheeks said...

Oh, I LOVED Sevilla! I have places to recommend for you there - BEST Tapas and Sangria I had in all of Spain and Portugal!! I have to go look that up, next time for ya! AND I didn't know Columbus' tomb was there, hahaha

AWESOME!

Allison said...

O.k. the first picture looks like it's a postcard! I think Claire looks just like Andy in the swing picture and I love the story about Drew and Woody!!
You guys seriously have such a fun and exciting life over there!! Keep the pictures coming!!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, Alicia! Sarah has the SAME obsession with Toy Story right now! If I ask her what she wants to watch it's "want toys! Want Toy Story!" LOL! Where did you ever find a Woody doll? Sarah's motivation for getting through one day accident free were some Lego Duplo blocks. It'll be a while before we can get through much more than a day accident free, but we're getting there! Way to go, Drew!

Laura said...

I heart your kiddos. Maybe you and Andy should take a trip and they can come stay with Aunt Laura and Uncle DaveO? :) We'll go to the beach every day!!