Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A trip to España!!

Andy has been deployed to Spain for the past six months. Spain is his home base and off of that hex stays busy traveling to check on other battalion det sites.  We were thrilled though when we heard his home port was Rota where we use to live and only dreamed that I would go there for a visit!

After receiving the news that certain locations were allowed to take leave we thought, let's make this happen and meet up half way through deployment in Spain!!

I then called my mom and without hesitation she said she would come and watch the kiddos for a week so I could go. Words can't/ couldn't explain my level of happiness as I now had something soooo exciting to look forward too!!

Before I knew it the long wait of my departure date was here and I was off for a week in Spain!!

Andy was able to take a much needed week off and had everything perfect. Including a huge arrangement of flowers waiting for me!! (He's only bought flowers a hand full of times since we've been married, so when he does its really special!) 
We spent one night in Malaga enjoying the city, beaches, restaurant's, and a hike to a castle that over looked the city.
Another day we went over to Cadiz.
In Cadiz they have a huge seafood market, which we loved while living there!
One of the nights we went and met up with a group of friends that still live there!! Beyond fun..!!!
And the wine... Soooooo good!!
We stayed a few nights with our good friends the Andros family. It was so fun to catch up with them and be silly with they're sweet little girls. We love the navy life, however moving away from people that you want to stay neighbors with forever is sooooooo hard!

An afternoon we spent in cute Puerto Cherry and walked the beach the rest of the afternoon!
At the end of a meal in Spain (most Europe) they provide you with a shot of alcohol. One just sits there, sips it, & enjoys the flavor. 
And what's a trip back to Spain without some sangria!
The week couldn't have been more perfect. Andy and I are beyond appreciative  to have a week together and break up a six month deployment separation. We realized Spain is still beyond perfect and we want to live there forever!

No comments: