This Christmas was a little different as Andy was deployed this year during the holiday season. During this deployment December 25th was the day I was dreading as the kiddos start counting down the days till next Christmas staring the 26th of December. It was extra hard for Claire as she fully didn't grasp why Andy couldn't JUST come home for Christmas. So, I knew I needed to do something to make this magical and fun! I booked us a trip to our favorite and RELAXING resort in Florida leaving Christmas afternoon.
I took the kiddos there Labor Day weekend alone with the kiddos and we fell in love with the place. You can park your car and not get in it again until your ready to check out!
The resort had a shuttle that drives you around, too many pools to count, beaches, movie theater on site, trails, tree houses, too many restaurants to pick from, and to top it off a zip line across a bay!
Another moment I was dreading was making cookies from scratch.. Boy I HATE baking!! I love to cook, just not bake! It was a success though!!
Tearing into gifts!
Stopping to enjoy the bubble wrap..
Then it's all over and were (I'm) left with this!!
We had a good turkey meal. Claire loved helping carve the turkey!! (She also enjoyed snacking on it while she helped!)
Packed up the car that afternoon and checked into paradise!
Our room over looked the cute village!
Jumping the waves!
On the resort site their was an American Girl store. Claire was in heaven!!! The lady who worked there couldn't have been nicer! EVERYDAY when we went in their the lady would gather doll clothes that matched Claire's outfit!! Claire was in heaven!
I brought the kiddos bikes then our condo came with a couple of bikes! Everyday we were out biking on the resorts amazing trails. I had to drag the kiddos off of their bikes as I was tired before them!

















No comments:
Post a Comment